The Essential Air Fryer Cookbook for Two: Perfectly Portioned Recipes for Healthier Fried Favorites
(as of Oct 12,2022 12:56:19 UTC – Details)
To make the sauce:
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the sesame oil, garlic, and ginger, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the broth, soy sauce, sriracha, and hoisin, and whisk to combine.
3. Whisk in the cornstarch and continue cooking over low heat until the sauce starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, cover, and set aside.
To make the chicken:
1. Add the chicken, soy sauce, and cornstarch to a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
2. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, spray with olive oil, and bake for 16 minutes, stopping halfway through to toss the chicken and spray with a little more olive oil. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 180°F and the juices run clear.
3. Once the chicken is done cooking, transfer to a large bowl and toss with the sauce.
4. Top with the scallion and sesame seeds, and serve.
Variation tips: You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Feel free to add in some dried red chili peppers if you like to heat it up even more. You can also add 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes to this recipe. To keep things on the lighter side, you can also skip tossing the chicken in the soy sauce and cornstarch.
Publisher : Rockridge Press (March 5, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 164 pages
ISBN-10 : 1641523107
ISBN-13 : 978-1641523103
Item Weight : 14.4 ounces
Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.5 x 9.2 inches