As we start off the new year, it’s time to delve into some of the upcoming books of 2023 that you absolutely cannot miss. Be it fiction, non-fiction or even a simple cookbook, these books will take you on a rollercoaster of emotions and leave you wanting more. Here are the top 10 bestselling books you can’t miss in 2023:
1. ‘The Starless Sea’ by Erin Morgenstern – Morgenstern delivers another captivating fantasy novel following the story of Zachary Ezra Rawlins and how he finds a mysterious book that leads him on a journey to a magical world.
2. ‘The Testaments’ by Margaret Atwood – The highly anticipated sequel to ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ will finally be released on paperback, uncovering the secrets and struggles of three women in Gilead.
3. ‘The Mirror and the Light’ by Hilary Mantel – The final book in Mantel’s trilogy about Thomas Cromwell concludes his story as he serves under King Henry VIII.
4. ‘The Women of Troy’ by Pat Barker – Barker brings her own interpretation to the ancient Greek classic as the women of Troy are taken as prizes after the Trojan War, leading to brutal consequences.
5. ‘To Sleep in a Sea of Stars’ by Christopher Paolini – The popular young adult author steps into a new direction with this science-fiction novel about a xenobiologist who discovers an alien artifact, leading to intergalactic conflict.
6. ‘The Upstairs House’ by Julia Fine – A haunting supernatural novel about a new mom struggling with postpartum depression and ghostly encounters in her attic.
7. ‘The Hidden Palace’ by Helene Wecker – Wecker’s sequel to ‘The Golem and the Jinni’ brings back popular characters in a historical fantasy set in New York City.
8. ‘Nadiya Bakes’ by Nadiya Hussain – The Great British Bake Off champion takes her skills to the written page with a cookbook of sweet and savoury recipes that will have you reaching for the oven.
9. ‘Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty’ by Patrick Radden Keefe – Keefe explores the history of the Sackler family, who created the highly addictive opioid drug, OxyContin, and the devastating impact it had on the United States.
10. ‘The Anthropocene Reviewed’ by John Green – YouTube star and bestselling author, John Green, compiles essays from his podcast ‘The Anthropocene Reviewed,’ where he takes on the big and small things in life and gives them all a rating out of five stars.
These are just a few of the exciting books that will be released in 2023, so get your reading list ready and experience the world of literature through these amazing works of art.